Advantages and disadvantages of screw refrigeration compressor
Advantages of screw refrigeration compressor:
1. High reliability. The screw compressor has few parts and no wearing parts, so it operates reliably, has a long life, and the interval between overhauls can reach 40,000-80,000 hours;
2. Convenient operation and maintenance;
3. Good power balance. Particularly suitable for use as a mobile compressor, small size, light weight, and small footprint;
4. Strong adaptability. The screw compressor has the characteristics of forced gas transmission, the volume flow is almost not affected by the discharge pressure, and it can maintain high efficiency in a wide range. It is suitable for a variety of working fluids without any change in the compressor structure. .
5. Multiphase mixed transmission. There is actually a gap between the rotor teeth of the screw compressor, so it is resistant to liquid impact, and can transport liquid-containing gas, dust-containing gas, and easily polymerizable gas.
Disadvantages of screw refrigeration compressors:
1. High cost. Since the rotor tooth surface of the screw compressor is a spatial curved surface, it needs to be processed on the expensive special equipment with a special tool. In addition, the machining accuracy of the screw compressor cylinder also has high requirements.
2. Cannot be used in high-pressure occasions. Due to the limitations of rotor stiffness and bearing life, screw compressors can only be used in the medium and low pressure range, and the discharge pressure generally does not exceed 3MPa.
3. Cannot be used for mini occasions. Screw compressors rely on gap sealing gas. Generally, screw compressors have excellent performance only when the volume flow is greater than 0.2m3/min.