How to detect inferior refrigerants? What's the harm?
1. Detection of the authenticity of refrigerants
Inferior refrigerants will affect the performance and stability of the system, and even more serious will cause damage to the system components and compressors. The following methods can be used to distinguish whether it is a low-quality refrigerant:
1. Connect the pressure gauge to test. If the measured pressure is lower than the corresponding saturation pressure at the ambient temperature by more than 2kg/f, the refrigerant can be judged to be unqualified and it is strictly prohibited to use it!
Example: The ambient temperature is 20 degrees, and the measured pressure value is 7.1kg/f, which is far lower than the saturation pressure value of 13.5kg/f that the refrigerant at this temperature should reach, and the refrigerant can be judged as unqualified.
2. Foam detection method. The foam detection method is effective for refrigerants containing corrosive gases such as monochloromethane, and the corrosion degree of the foam is related to the content of monochloromethane. The higher the content, the more obvious the effect, and the lower the content. The less obvious the effect
3. Turn the refrigerant tank upside down and release a small amount of refrigerant onto a piece of white paper. If there are obvious impurities or liquid water on the white paper, it means that the refrigerant is of poor quality and is not recommended. In addition, refrigerants that can be purchased through regular channels, such as refrigerants whose prices are significantly lower than the market prices, should cause high vigilance.
4. If you have the testing conditions, it is recommended to check the purity and acidity of the refrigerant before using it. It is not recommended to use the refrigerant whose test results are significantly lower than the industry standard. Note: The purity of qualified R22 refrigerant should be greater than 99% (the purity of high-quality refrigerant is greater than 99.8%), and the acidity should be less than 0.0001.
5. During the system debugging and operation stage, no other abnormalities were found after inspection, and the refrigeration capacity was insufficient; the dryer or expansion valve was blocked, and the blockage was yellow-brown wax-like or black sludge-like foreign matter, etc., it is recommended to extract refrigeration from the system The purity of the refrigerant is tested to eliminate the risk of inferior refrigerant.
2. The effect of refrigerant purity on the system
The refrigerant is the blood of the compressor. The purity of the refrigerant is particularly important for the cold storage refrigeration equipment. The most obvious phenomenon is: the cold storage filled with high-purity refrigerant, the cooling effect is obvious, the temperature drops quickly, and the cooling capacity Large; low-purity refrigerants not only fail to reach the desired temperature drop, but also damage the compressor. So what are the negative effects of low refrigerant purity?
1. High water content and high acidity severely corrodes the internal pipeline system of the compressor, causing blockage in the compressor and shortening the service life of the compressor.
2. It is easy to leak, there is no fluorine in the refrigeration system, the compressor has been idling, the operating temperature is high, and the parts are worn out, which will also shorten the service life of the compressor.
3. Increase the operating load of the compressor, increase the power consumption, and increase the expenditure.
4. Poor cooling effect and frequent problems. Although the inferior quality refrigerant will temporarily feel cool, the temperature is always difficult to drop and the expected cooling effect cannot be achieved.